The Coles Group is locally owned and operated, we are committed to support, service and strengthening communities and promotes a positive, energetic work atmosphere encouraging personal and professional growth and success.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell is a leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant brand that is a part of Yum! Brands, Inc. which includes Pizza Hut and KFC. Founded on innovation and passion with Glen Bell bringing tacos to the masses in a world of hot dog and hamburger stands in 1962, today we have nearly 7000 restaurants in the United States and over 400 restaurants in 27 countries outside of the United States. The future holds 2,000 more restaurants across the globe within the next decade. It’s easy to see we’re in the business of making tacos, but at heart, we’re a business that’s fueled by the Live Más energy and passion of people serving people.
What is “Live Más”?
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure Area Coach can represent the amazing Live Más! culture that is Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you want to have fun serving great food to our customers, we would love to meet with you.
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Operations, The Area Coach oversees the people, processes and operations of 3-8 Taco Bell restaurants in their area. This includes training, coaching and supporting managers managers through plannning, goal setting, and utilizing success routines. Focuses on in-store problem solving/process improvement; sets standards; recognizes and motivates Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers and Restaurant Teams. Establishes and reviews unit-specific performance targets in guest service, margin improvement and employee satisfaction, maintaining company standards in food safety, product and facility specifications, allocating limited capital budgets to meet highest priority facility needs, introducing and reinforcing new company products and initiatives, and selecting, training, developing and motivating managerial employees.
Job Description: The Day-to-Day
Build People Capability
- Leverage culture and people capability to fuel brand performance
- Recruit and equip the best operators in the world to deliver great customer experiences
- Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Managers
- Lead by example – be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell HUNGRY principles: Hungry, Understanding, Never Follow, Grateful, Relentless, and Youthful
- Leads performance management process for all employees, including performance feedback, appraisals, training and development planning and due process in resolving workplace disputes
Deliver a Consistent Customer Experience
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards
- Tracks, analyzes and identifies root causes of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic solutions
- Periodically engages in restaurant audits in conjunction with RGMs to calibrate on performance standards and to provide an objective basis for performance feedback
- Ensures that food safety standards are met in each unit supervised through direct observation as well as follow-up on food safety audit results
- Monitors restaurant Speed with Service (SWS) performance and provides coaching to unit management teams to meet performance targets
Grow the Brand, Sales and Profits
- Reviews and prioritizes store capital expenditure requests and establishes common vendor relationships where scale can be leveraged
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Taco Bell standards; coordinates facility upgrades or equipment replacement
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches on corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets
- Partners with each Manager in the market to build sales over last year’s sales achievement.
- Works with Restaurant General Managers to develop and deliver unit-specific Annual Operating Plans
Minimum Requirements: Is This You?
- AA/undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
Passionate about providing excellence in execution of quality food, service, cleanliness and speed standards
- Exhibits great leadership behaviors around, providing coaching, developing the team, driving culture, problem solving, strong communication, time management, executing tasks and achieving results through others
- Dynamic, energetic and positive leader, a self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Leadership skills that exhibit an adaptable and resilient coaching style
- Good communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
Three to five years of successful, high sales volume, operational management experience in the
- Quick Service Restaurant industry or retail environment
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with Más!
- We are about more than just building restaurants—we connect with our fans through their passions including sports, gaming, and music
- We know that employees want a company they can live and grow with; they crave a unique culture that fosters creativity and encourages pursuit of passion, and they look for opportunities to take risks, develop skills and learn in ways that fit their lifestyle
- We foster a culture of authenticity and believe all people can make a difference
“You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”